Operating Room Operations Management
Real-time location system for tracking patients in the surgical block, to improve flow, efficiency and safety in this environment.
Managing the expenditure and invoicing of the surgical activity depends on the efficient management of patient flow through the perioperative process. The proper coordination of the resources involved and their availability as required is not a simple task but is one of the keys to efficiency. To achieve this objective, hospitals must address these and other complex issues:
- Do you have real-time visibility, and without the need for human action, of how surgeries are being carried out in each operating room?.
- Do you know, and can you identify the bottlenecks and areas for improvement in patient flow in the perioperative process?.
- Do you feel the need to improve the coordination of all resources involved in the preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative process?.
- Do you want to avoid delays in opening the operating room, delays in surgery duration, unavailability of equipment, unnecessary extended periods, and to reduce changeover times?, Do you feel you need to find a way to advance decision making?.
- Do you feel it’s necessary to create transparency regarding the use of the surgery, and thus be able to compare the scheduled activity with the one performed, so that it can be analysed and improved?.
- Do you think it is possible to automate the recording of surgeries, which is in many cases manual?.
Ikusi’s solution offers you the following benefits with respect to Operating Room Operations Management:
- Improve patient flow, efficiency and safety, thanks to real-time location and traceability of patients.
- Have access to more complete, real-time information for professionals and patients.
- Manage and report on the evolution of the surgery scheduling in real-time.
- Generate alerts and notifications for different professionals according to patient flow in the defined surgical process.
- Obtain management reports, by exploiting data from the actual surgical flow.
- Increase productivity by standardising the duration and needs of surgical procedures.
- Automatically record surgery time, cleaning, changeover, etc.