Operating Room Planning
Adjust surgical activity demand by temporarily allocating operating rooms to the medical units.
Hospital operating rooms are a resource that is shared by the various medical units. This poses the following challenges:
- Is there a transparent criterion for sharing the operating rooms among all units?.
- Are operating rooms allocated on the basis of existing/anticipated demand?.
- Are the medical units rewarded for the optimal use of an operating room?.
The solution for Operating Room Planning meets the needs of the surgical block Division or Planning Area. It offers:
- Information allowing adjustment of the scheduled allocation of the hospital’s operating rooms to the medical units. This is done by taking into account the surgical activity of each unit and its prioritisation.
- Simulation of scenarios of allocating operating rooms to the units, observing how this helps to absorb the surgical activity.